What is a customer advocacy program?
A customer advocacy program describes a strategic move to convert a loyal follower into an active spokesperson for their favorite brands.
The term ‘customer advocacy’ is frequently confused with ‘customer loyalty,’ but while the two are naturally interconnected, they are not one and the same thing. Achieving customer loyalty ensures there is a strong likelihood of repeat business while that customer remains satisfied with your range of products or services. Customer advocacy, on the other hand, aims to make modern-day evangelists of your biggest fans. These evangelists, in turn, will spread the word far and wide about your company.
Just take a look at some of the stats:
- 75% of advocates are likely to share a good experience
- Brand advocates are 50% more likely to influence a purchase
- Advocates are x2-3 more effective than non-advocates
- 90% of advocates write something positive about their purchasing experience
- A 12% increase in advocacy = 2x increase in revenue growth